Surrogacy is a process by which a woman carries pregnancy on behalf of another woman.
Types of surrogacy
This type of surrogacy is where the eggs belong to the parents, but are transferred into the surrogate.
The surrogate is not genetically related to the baby.
In this type the embryos will either be 100% the intended parents or made up of one of the parents and a donor egg or sperm donor.
Here the surrogates own eggs are used to conceive. Either via IVF, or IUI.
Where and how to find a surrogate.
Social media has made it easier to find a potential surrogate.
There are plenty of agencies offering to guide and help you find the perfect surrogate. Do a thorough research on the agency before using them.
- Find out all you need to know about them, look at online forums
- the processes involved,
- how and where they source for surrogate.
- If possible locate and interview couples who have successfully used a surrogate vi the agency.
- Locate and discuss with a surrogate about their association and experiences.
- The cost of using an agency, be aware that this mind may be different from the cost of paying the surrogate.
You can meet your surrogate on social media via a surrogate, once found develops a relationship/friendship with the surrogate. This will help you connect with the surrogate.
Next post will explore further the getting to know phase for more information check out the following website for more info
Your Partner in Hope