It is no secret that the first lockdown came as a surprised. With no warning at all, countries around the world closed none essential businesses.
With most countries in Europe going into a second lockdown last week, we find ourselves in isolation one more time.
If you are alone and TTC, now is the perfect time to ramp up your fitness level. Winter months makes it harder to execise, but don’t pull back now.
This post examines how to maintain our bodies and mind by staying fit during this second lockdown.
Particularly for women trying to conceive maintaining a healthy immune system can play a major role in boosting our chances of being pregnant.
Here are a few suggested ways to staying healthy.
- Have a nutritious diet. The saying you are what you eat holds true. Having a diet rich in fiber, fruits and vegetables will ensure that your body is provided with vital nutrients it needs to fight, not only the winter blues but viruses. having a mediterranean style diet of low carbs and sugar, packed with leafy vegetables and oil has been proven to enhance infertility. These food types are packed with vitamins which are essential for fetal health.
- Regular exercise: exercise is just as important as it produces the feel good hormones, combined with a healthy diet, you can maintain a normal BMI. The NHS sees a BMI of 20-30 as a healthy normal body weight.
- Healthy mental well being: Execise produces the feel good hormones, endorphins. This improves our mental health greatly and releases us from the stress brought on by TTC. It is important to not over do it, If you are new to execise simple walking, Biking, swimming for half an hour a day is a good place to start. As you build up your fitness level you can then increase the intensity. The NHS recommends 150 moderate execise a week.
- Up your vitamins intake. Most adults who regularly consume a healthy meal will have sufficient vitamins levels. However vitamins D has been linked to a healthy immunity and 10 mins daily sun exposure is enough of our daily dose. However in colder months when we are less likely to be exposed to sunlight, it is recommended to take a Vitamin D supplement along with folic acid.
- Drop any bad habits like smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol. Several research studies have shown that these habits reduce one’s chances of falling pregnant.
- Reduce your stress levels: TTC is extremely stressful, but we have to constantly try to identify external stress triggers and reduce them. Take time daily to refocus by meditating. This frees your mind and calms you from within enhancing your mental health. Practice mindfulness, it is beneficial to maintaining a calm atmosphere around you.
- Positive Affirmation; This is another way of boosting your mental well being. positively proclaim good things about your self and body. Speak what you want to see, it can be a word. Hold on to it. Being positive about your situation, boosts your energy levels. It has been said that positive affirmation moves your body in the direction of your mind.
- finally, eat, pray and hope.
Your Partner in Hooe
Care fertility Clinic